VCARS: PHP Web Application Developer (Automotive Classifieds)
We are an Automotive Classifieds Company. Autotrader is our biggest competitor. We have more than 2000 dealers subscribing to our service. We pride ourselves in providing a great value for money and advanced performance tracking on dealer's advertising efforts.
Our clients include high street names like Pendragon, Evans Halshaw, Stratstone, Perrrys, Ford Retail and we are authorised by BMW, MINI, Toyota etc as their internet advertising partners.
We use LAMP / Open source technologies ONLY. No Microsoft technologies please!
- Apache Version: 2.2.xx
- MySQL Version: 5.0.7x
- MySQL client Version: 5.0.7x
- PHP Version: 5.1.x
Hands-on raw development is a primary job function, but the incumbent will also be required to work on the overall system design and architecture, the database and some aspects of system administration.
Along with the team, he/she will be responsible for our online automotive classified systems and back office reporting systems which are both currently implemented using Linux, Apache, Nginx, PHP, MySQL, Graphicsmagick.
Design and Development:
- Take ownership, rationalise and evolve current LAMP code base and architecture.
- Work with teams to define, specify, prioritise and implement new features.
- Aid and assist in speeding up the site load times.
- Identify and implement the best technical solutions to integrate data and feeds from many diverse external systems.
- Implement and assure adherence to best practice coding standards and guidelines.
- Knowledge sharing amongst peers.
- The small size of the company means that this role will come into contact with virtually all other company employees. In particular, the role will report to the IT Director and work closely within the IT team.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- PHP5 (4+ years)
- MySQL (2+ years development/design/optimisation)
- Apache (1+ years)
- Nginx or other webservers(excluding IIS) (optional)
- Linux (optional)
- HTML / XHTML (4+ years)
- CSS (2+ years)
- AJAX (1+ years)
- XML (1+ years)
- Subversion / CVS (1+ years)
- XML apis like Google Calendar, Google Maps, etc (1+ years)
- APC / other caching experience (optional)
- Ability to hand code via command line using Emacs/VIM etc
- Experience of querying and maintaining millions of rows in MySQL. Partitioning and other cutting edge MySQL experience is a BIG plus.
- Good eye for accuracy and detail
- Good sense of website design and layout
- Self motivated and ability to manage own priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Graduate degree in computing or related sciences.
This job listing has expired. See below for similar jobs.
Tell your friends about this job